Friday, February 6, 2009

Welcome!!

You may be reading this and thinking, "It's February...why start a college basketball blog NOW?"

It's true, I'm pretty much hitting the ground running, but I've been thinking about doing something like this for awhile now and at the encouragement of my co-workers, I've decided to give it a try. I've loved basketball my whole life--played, gone to camps, taken classes, etc. Once I got to college and spent four years in the Izzone, I was hooked. Over the past several years it's been my goal to watch, read and absorb as much about college basketball as humanly possible. My line of work (sports television production) helps a lot too. Some of my favorite sports writers/analysts that help fuel my passion: Jay Bilas, Mike DeCourcy, Steve Lavin, Steve Smith and Pat Forde.

I'm one of the only girls I know who would rather go on a date to a sporting event then out to dinner and often plans her social calendar around whatever big games happen to be on that weekend. And no, I'm actually not a tomboy. I love make-up, fashion, cooking and pretty much anything girlie--I just love sports too. In my world, there's no reason why a person can't be both.

So hopefully you like what you read. I don't by any means know it all--and I'll only write about what games I watch or teams I've followed throughout the season (as in, seen more than 2 of their games). I'm just writing about my passion--and anyone who loves college basketball I'm sure can understand. :)

1 comment:

  1. Wigs,

    I'm so glad you started doing this! You are the most passionate college bball fan I know. As someone who himself is trying to expand his writing abilities, I never regret the time I spend writing blogs, so I encourage you to stick with it.

    The point that sticks out most to me in this particular blog is your endorsement of Steve Lavin. I can understand on some level how you could like Lavin -- a national announcer that seems to love MSU and talks about them any chance he gets. But, that is also the problem with Lavin. Do you like listening to him during the games? I don't! It's too much!? It's like listening (I'm saying from your perspective now) a guy that's stalking you. Loves you ridiculously and you don't know why. Sure, you're great, but are you all these things the guy says. Is MSU really everything that Lavin says everytime he announces? It's too much! Lavin needs to lay off MSU. I mean, it's like listening to the local broadcast with George Blaha (my favorite announcer by the by) but he's supposed to be doing his job and announce the game to a national audience. I cringe anytime I hear Lavin has the game.

    And where's the love for Dicky V? You single handily turned my opinion on Dicky V. I would like to see some Dicky V love.

    Ok, those are my thoughts. Keep it up! I look forward to future posts!

    ReplyDelete