Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I think my loyalty might be the Kiss of Death...

It sounds silly, but I'm at the point where I'm afraid to pledge my allegiance to college basketball teams. It seems like every time I say to someone, "Yeah! I really like that team..." bad things happen. To explain further, let's examine my favorite teams and see what's happening...

Michigan State: No explanation needed.

Syracuse: My love of them has been well-documented for the last few years. And what happens? Last year they were my pick to go all the way (and just in case you are wondering, I NEVER pick MSU to go all the way because I am afraid of jinxing them--they can bust my bracket any day)--and they lost in the Sweet 16. This season they started strong and have been in a roller coaster of success and decline.

Villanova: One of my all-time favorites thanks to Jay Wright (major class act and best-dressed coach in the game) and the guards they've had over the last few years...They've lost 5 of their last 6 I think? Bad news.

Georgetown: On a roll, feeling hot...and Chris Wright breaks his hand.

Missouri: My new friend Phil Pressey steals my heart...then the Tigers go on a losing streak to K-State and Nebraska, with Kansas looming.

Of course, the easy solution (one might say) is to cheer for teams I DON'T like and hope for the best....but I'm pretty sure that would backfire, as it would be evident my heart isn't in it. Here's hoping things turn around in the tournament...otherwise, beware of my butt jumping on your bandwagon!

No comments:

Post a Comment