Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Caught Your Breath Yet?

...I'm not sure I have. This has been top to bottom, one of the most exciting, craziest, most unpredictable tournaments I have seen in a long time. And even though my bracket was busted after the first Saturday (after the first round, my bracket was at 99.1%, thank you very much), I stopped caring. How CAN you care when you're glued to the T.V., rooting for the underdog (gee, I love Northern Iowa) and on the edge of your seat seeing how many buzzer-beaters will drop?!

Needless to say, I am ECSTATIC that Michigan State is back to the Final Four. As they say, it's not how I would have drawn it up, but as they ALSO say, I'll take it!! What I liked most is the fact that the team seems to have taken it upon themselves to get it done--they've shown a determination and a team spirit that I knew they had, players stepped up (aka Durrell Summers, what?!?!), players played hurt (DELVON ROE ON A TORN MENISCUS) and Draymond Green ran the point. Whatever happens from here on out, I'm proud. THIS is the MSU team I know and love.

In other news, can everyone PLEASE stop referring to Butler as a "Cinderella"?!? I know they're from a "mid-major" conference, they don't have McDonald's All-Americas and blah blah blah....but really? This is a team that has won their conference quite a few times and has been a steady presence in the NCAA touranment. This is a team that returned EVERYONE from last year with tons of veteran leadership. This is a team that was ranked in the top 20 or so ALL SEASON. Look at their nonconference schedule: Davidson, Northwestern, Minnesota, Clemson, Georgetown, Ohio State, Xavier, Siena...They haven't lost since DECEMBER. They were a 5 seed, which as one of the PTI guys pointed out, means AT WORST the committee thought they were the #20 team in the country.

WHERE DO YOU SEE UNDERDOG!?!?! This is a tough team that can play...and has all season. What am I missing? Please advise.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment