Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A quest...

My search for Final Four tickets has begun. After scoping out a variety of brokerage websites, I'm coming to a conclusion about how much good tickets may cost. For now, they are WAY too expensive. The first step is deciding where to sit in relation to how much I'm willing to spend. My general philosophy is that I'm willing to pay more for good seats. So far, good seats are not in the foreseeable future.

Step 2: Work my connections. I don't have many, but I'm doing it anyway. A coworker is working on tickets that will be in the 100 section and would cost $100 for Saturday only. I tell him if he gets them, I'm in. Won't know until Wednesday or Thursday if that comes through. Made a few other calls--I'm willing to pay, I just want good seats!

Step 3: Attempt Craigslist. I'm wary of this plan, as there are so many counterfeit tickets and scammers out there...but I find one that appears to be legit. Send an email. Seats in 200 section, $300 a piece. Willing to sell them to me.

Step 4: Find a partner in crime. Unfortunately, one of my close friends cannot afford a $300 ticket. She's out. Bummer! She is absolutely one of my favorite people to watch games with and I will be sad not to have her there. But thankfully, I have plenty of die-hard Spartan friends. I call my friend Leah, who I'll be staying with during this weekend. She says she needs to think about it. She texts me 10 minutes later: "Okay, I've thought about it. I'm IN!" SCORE!! This will be awesome....she and I went to the 2005 Final Four together....more good times are in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment