Friday, January 28, 2011

What a difference a month makes....

Well, friends, here I am.

Back from South America, back to watching ridiculous amounts of college hoops and....DEEEEPRESSED.

Anyone who has watched MSU hoops this season is asking the same question: WHAT IS GOING ON?!

I seriously don't get it. And the worst part is, I don't think anyone on the team gets it either.

They came into the season with high hopes, talking of national championships and Big Ten titles. At this point, State won't even be in the tourney.

I don't know what else to say except this is miserable. If it was a re-building year and we had lost a lot of seniors, then okay. But the roster has been decimated with attitude problems, discipline issues and transfers. Suddenly, our deep team is floundering to float in the shallow end.

I've made peace with the idea that this season is a bust. For the well-being of my mental health, it's come down to that. But deep down and not-so-secretly, I keep hoping for a breakthrough. I keep hoping that something, somewhere, finally clicks into place and they can make some kind of run and end up in the Sweet 16.

My expectations have been lowered, but I can't lose faith just yet.

I only hope the team feels the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment